Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Week 6 # 13

I watched the tutorial and dived into del.icio.us. I looked around at the iHCPL account and could see even more of the avatar sites that I didn't explore earlier. I went on and opened my own account and worked with the instructions to add the bookmarklets to my tool bar. I tried the download first and of course, that didn't work. So I then went through adding them as links to my favorites.

I added several knitting sites to my account. These are for recreational use. I then did try several searches as if I were addressing a reference question. I am not sure how useful this would be at the ref desk because you are still coming up with a list of websites that you need to evaluate for authority not just how many people are linked to it. However, it is great to have one more tool to use when you are delving into the Internet for research.

No comments: