Thursday, November 15, 2007

Week 9 # 22 Downloadable Media

This exercise couldn't have come at a more perfect time. The other night my granddaughter had left her book at school - A Wrinkle in Time. She needed to read the next chapter and answer some questions. Of course, it was after the library was closed. However, Grandma came to the rescue with Overdrive!!!! I found the book in our catalog, downloaded it to our home computer, and voila - she was able to listen to Madeleine L'Engle herself reading to her. Of course, we also had a wee talk about being responsible and remembering important homework tools. Sweet child!

I did look into Wowio and am waiting for my account to be approved. I found a book I will download when I can called It's My Party and I'll Knit if I Want To.

As far as Audio books I will definitely stay with Overdrive. We have such a great selection of books.

No comments: