Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Week 10 # 23 The End?

In preparation for this post I went back through and reread all nine weeks worth of postings. It reminded me how cautious I was at the beginning and how now nine weeks later I have gained a lot of confidence in using the various tools. I am not sure I will be using all of them but it is great to be familiar with them so I can assist customers.

As far as library use, I do think Wikis would be a great way to do collaborative work among the branches. As we are getting more and more involved in using pictures from the branch activities on the website, the Flickr training and photo editing tools will be very useful.

I would like to sincerely thank all the iHCPL team who put this training together for us: the ones who did the videos, who created the discovery exercises, who have been tracking our posts and who dutifully sent out the bling every week. It has been absolutely the best and most useful training program I have participated in since I came to HCPL.

No comments: