Thursday, April 3, 2008

Spring Cleaning Exercise #28

Activity one and three: I read the GTD and found that I already do some of the things suggested. I am especially good about the 2 minute rule of do it, delegate it or defer it. I am fairly good at putting things into files both for myself and for my assistant branch librarian so she can find stuff when I am out. My problem with throwing away is it always seems like the minute I throw something away, we will get a request for stats or asked to go back a couple of years to demonstrate a trend. Otherwise I would be totally happy to purge my files on a regular basis. I find that work is where I have more control over organizing things and so I do. Home is kind of out of control because DH is an inveterate pack-rat.

Activity two: I already use the calendar attached to our webmail but I signed up for the calendar in Google. I am not sure I will remember to check it but I did put several appointments on it.

No comments: